CANINE CARDIO COMPANY OF RI LLC
- Dog Running, Walking, Sitting and more!
Benefits of Dog Running with Canine Cardio Company of Rhode Island
Anyone who has had a hyperactive dog knows that If you don’t give them something constructive to do with their energy, chances are they may find something destructive to do with it. Examples include unruliness (digging, chewing), investigative behaviors (garbage raiding), excessive barking and rough play with humans and other dogs. It’s needless to say that a tired dog, is a well behaved dog.
Simply walking a dog is great, but some breeds want and need a more focused and intense workout, such as running. When your best friend gets his paws to the pavement, so to speak, it can be beneficial in the following ways
- Helps to reduce or eliminate the common behavior problems listed above, such as digging, excessive barking, chewing and hyperactivity
- Helps to control dog’s weight, which reduces joint stress and the risk of diabetes
- Helps to reduce digestive problems and constipation
- Helps timid or fearful dogs build confidence and trust
- Helps dogs feel sleepy, rather than restless, at bedtime or when you’re relaxing
Before contacting CCC of RI, it’s always a good idea to talk with your vet to make sure your best friend is healthy enough and the appropriate age for distance running. If he or she happens to be out of shape, I will always run at your dog’s pace. Also, ask me about CCC of RI’s Sit to Fit, a Couch to 5K plan for dogs.
Canine Cardio Company of Rhode Island LLC Copyright 2012